Easier than a koto: The Do-re-mi Popcorn!
Posted by ampontan on Saturday, March 24, 2007
Have you ever wanted to play a traditional Japanese koto, but been put off because:
- You’d have to learn to read Japanese and to decipher the instrument’s unique notational system?
- It’s not possible to play a koto in the diatonic (do-re-mi) system?
- You’d be stuck learning to play such tunes as Kojo no Tsuki and Sakura, Sakura, when you’d rather open up your repertoire to include pop hits, jazz, and samba?
- The instrument is too big to lug to somebody’s party and jam in the living room with the guitarists?
- You’d have to wear formal kimono and sit on the floor when you play?
Well, now your problems have been solved, because here’s the Do-Re-Mi Popcorn!
Yes! You can learn how to play the new Do-Re-Mi Popcorn using traditional staff notation! It’s two-thirds the size of a traditional koto, and you can put it on a stand and play, making it easy to take to friends’ homes or really shred with a band on stage! The Do and So strings are colored green and yellow, allowing beginners to jump right in! And, it comes in a wide array of pastel colors!
There’s even a website!
You can see photos of a command performance for Prince Albert of Monaco! You can order a CD to hear a band led by Do-Re-Mi Popcorn inventor Masako Naito perform such songs as The Beatles’ Yesterday and And I Love Her, Dave Brubeck’s Take Five, Duke Ellington’s Satin Doll, Antonio Carlos Jobim’s Agua De Bebel, and the well-known surf guitar instrumentals, Diamond Head and Pipe Line!
You also can see videos and hear sound clips of the Do-Re-Mi Popcorn in performance!
As the website states,
“Doremi Pop-corn is the poptaste koto flapping to the world. It’s the newest koto with a poptaste breaking the image of frodition. Now, let’s create a sensation Doremi Pop-corn in Japanese music world!”
If you become proficient enough, you can go to Japan and become a licensed Do-Re-Mi Popcorn instructor!
You can even order one from Lark in the Morning in the U.S. for only $1,125!
Get one today and astonish your family and friends with:
The Do-Re-Mi Popcorn!